Who We Are
At Verkada, we’re building the operating system for the physical world.
We started in 2016 with video security cameras and an intuitive cloud-based platform, and in just six years, we've expanded to include five additional product lines (access control, environmental sensors and alarms, as well as visitor and mailroom management) that help enterprises to protect and manage their people and assets.
Today more than 14,000 organizations across 63 countries worldwide trust Verkada as their physical security layer for easier management, intelligent control, and scalable deployments. We are valued at $3.2 billion, with $360 million raised in venture capital from investors including Linse Capital, MSD Partners, L.P., Felicis Ventures, Next47, Sequoia Capital, Meritech Capital, and First Round Capital.
This is just the beginning. The need for businesses to secure and manage their people and physical assets with scale and speed is mission critical and continues to increase. Our teams are energized by the complex challenges we work on and the platform we are building to make the schools, hospitals, businesses and communities that we live and work in safer.
Verkada’s Business Operations team moves fast to set direction for our organization and solve Verkada’s toughest cross-functional problems. As a key member of our BizOps team, you will play a critical role in driving the overall strategies that enable the company to scale successfully. Each week will bring a new set of projects and challenges, where success is measured by data driven outcomes, and where you will have real ownership of business results. BizOps also offers an unique ability to work across teams to see how a hyperscaling startup operates, and is a great platform to learn how to operationalize change at scale. As a BizOps Manager, you will be the perfect mix of analytical, technical, and operational, with a clear bias towards driving change.
- Strategy: Identify, triage, and drive the strategic thinking on key questions, issues, and roadblocks facing the company using your business acumen and experience
- Analysis: Conduct quantitative research and analysis requiring complex data retrieval that results in compelling recommendations for our leadership team
- Impact: Collaborate on critical operational excellence projects, turning your strategic recommendations into reality
- Planning / reporting: help develop and track critical operating metrics associated with each major project for the Executive team and others, and communicate actionable insights to relevant stakeholders.
- Functional partnership: be a strategic partner for specific departments to help solve complex problems and be the main point of contact for headcount & budget planning.
- CFO function: Contribute to the strength of the overall Finance team, supporting the CFO with key presentations and strategic analyses
- Since we’re still in scrappy startup mode, there’s a lot of rolling up your sleeves and getting into the weeds to drive direct impact on a daily basis. We knock out today’s problems while also balancing our need to build for the long-term.
- You’ll be working in our key systems (e.g. Netsuite, Salesforce) and Google Sheets / Excel on a daily basis, while also working cross-functionally with stakeholders and department heads across the organization to help solve complex problems and build sustainable processes.
- Raw smarts: we are looking for people with strong business acumen who can approach complex problems and solve them from start to finish.
- Strong analytical skills: you have a data-driven mentality and high attention to detail; you are excited to dig through data to get actionable insights. Excel skills are a must; SQL / Looker experience is a plus.
- Excellent modeling skills: you have strong modeling intuition, and a good understanding of how to bring a modeling framework to complicated problems. Strong understanding of accounting and financial concepts is a plus.
- Cross-functional communication: you’ll need to connect and partner with stakeholders ranging from sales reps to software engineers to effectively implement our financial strategy and processes. Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must.
- Flexibility: you are comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment that will require you to manage competing priorities, pivot quickly and often, and continually build new processes as the company scales.
- 4-5+ years of professional experience, ideally in consulting, private equity, venture capital, investment banking, or a high-growth startup.
- High academic achievement from a leading university.
- (Optional) top-tier MBA.
Perks & Benefits
- Generous company paid medical, dental & vision insurance coverage
- Unlimited paid time off & 11 companywide paid holidays
- Wellness allowance
- Commuter benefits
- Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
- Paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is support for members and allies of our internal communities like Women at Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural at Verkada, and Parents at Verkada.