SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
BUSINESS PLANNING ANALYIST (STARLINK)
Starlink, our revolutionary satellite constellation, will deliver low-latency broadband internet worldwide. As an early member of the Starlink Business Planning department, you will be responsible for creating short-term and long-term operational plans to guide the organization during its growth.
- Conduct analyses aimed at identifying issues and opportunities related to producing and delivering Starlink to customers worldwide
- Coordinate with teams across the Starlink organization to get critical inputs that impact Starlink's growth projections
- Own the demand forecast for Starlink products and services, incorporating information from finance, sales, supply chain, customer operations, engineering, production, logistics, and more
- Manage projects to improve operational processes across the Starlink value chain, collaborating with all stakeholders involved in sourcing, producing, selling, and distributing the product worldwide
- Create detailed process maps, along with granular operational analyses, to both understand current ways of working and to define the future-state of Operations across Starlink teams
- Drive improvement of database structures to facilitate the creation of reports and analyses
- Define and develop department-level metrics and associated dashboards that quantify the health of our operation, and influence change across the organization
- Engage the SpaceX leadership team with quantitative and qualitative updates on performance and opportunities
- Bachelor's degree in business, supply chain, management information systems, computer science, engineering, or economics discipline
- 4+ years of experience creating forecasts and/or projections
- 1+ years of experience with project and/or program management
- Experience with SQL and Excel
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Background in supply chain, manufacturing, operations, engineering, or consulting
- Experience working in a dynamic operation with a large number of SKUs
- Experience creating reports and presentations for senior executive leadership teams on a regular basis
- Experience driving change within a complex and fast-moving organization
- Ability to build productive relationships with team members of different disciplines from various parts of the Starlink organization
- Willingness to go above and beyond in actively communicating with a broad set of stakeholders on a variety of ongoing and emergent issues
- Strong project management and self-directed prioritization skills
- Must be available to work extended hours and weekends as needed
- Willingness to travel to corporate customer sites, other SpaceX locations, and industry events as needed
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Business Analyst/Level I: $75,000.00 - $95,000.00/per year
Business Analyst/Level II: $90,000.00 - $115,000.00/per year
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year. Exempt employees are eligible for 5 days of sick leave per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C.
- 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C.
- 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX's Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.