Dura Software is... a new kind of portfolio company which is deeply invested in the futures of our employees. We strive to provide upward mobility and opportunities for growth. Our company specializes in the acquisition of hyper-niche software companies that fit narrow but mission-critical use cases for business customers. We are anticipating increased rapid growth over the next 12+ months and are looking for a motivated, energized and high achieving individual to lead, grow and develop our accounting operations. The right individual will be a self-starting leader who can manage all aspects of our global accounting operations. This is a senior leadership position who will be responsible for managing and continuing to build our team of amazing accounting operators. We are on a tremendous growth trajectory and are seeking an Accounting Rockstar to help continue our efforts to build a world-class company.
Why you will love it here!
Though we acquire companies, Dura is first and foremost a software operating company with unique business lines. We are extremely culture-focused, collaborative, and operationally intensive. We care about serving customers really well and growing the businesses sustainably and profitably long term. In many ways, we get the best of two worlds: we have the energy, velocity, and growth of a startup, but the operational stability and business intelligence of a seasoned corporation.
Where you will excel!
Dura Software is experiencing rapid growth and is seeking a Chief of Staff to support the CEO. The Chief of Staff will gain broad responsibilities throughout Dura Software. This is a growth-oriented role where a successful performer will gain knowledge and experience to transition upward in company leadership. The ideal candidate will have a strong entrepreneurial mindset and additional relevant experience and coursework in finance and accounting. The position will report directly to the Dura Software CEO and will be instrumental in building a scalable organization supporting Dura's businesses.
Where you will go!
- Prepare and review weekly operational performance metrics
- Assist in due diligence and data room management for M&A activities
- Partner with the CEO to establish and measure enterprise-wide short-, mid- and long-term strategic priorities.
- Collaborate with all levels of leadership to align business plans, operations, actions, communication and accountability for goals and outcomes.
- Establish cadence for and drive functional operating meetings, including executive staff meetings, enterprise-wide All Hands meetings and Quarterly Business Reviews.
- Assess operational health via barometers, dashboards and scorecards that measure objectives and key results (OKRs) and key performance indicators (KPIs). Identify patterns and trends in both related and disparate data points. Brief the CEO on findings, insights and recommendations.
- Advise key stakeholders across global teams on the communication strategy for goals and plans at all levels of the enterprise.
- Act as the central point of contact for the coordination of the CEO activities; prepare or oversee preparation of relevant documents and briefing material.
- Maintain a good understanding of current business issues and be able to provide timely advice to the CEO.
- Identify, drive and/or oversee process improvement initiatives that guide quality improvement, efficiency, productivity improvement across the enterprise
- Establish strong relationships and partnerships across the enterprise. Leverage partnerships to glean organizational insights and where necessary, initiate and direct action to correct course before issues rise to the level of requiring CEO intervention.
- Prepare written reports, communications, and other materials required by the CEO.
- Own, manage, and drive execution of select strategic, organizational initiatives, aligning operational teams.
Indicators of Success!
- Bachelor's Degree Business, Finance, MIS or a related field
- Experience in managing resourcing/staffing, and having worked directly with the C-suite/VP level on a regular basis
- Ability to comfortably dive into any area of the business or product, understand business needs, and facilitate executive decisions based on changing priorities
- Experience directing and managing business critical, cross-functional technology programs and initiatives
- Proven ability to track, prioritize, and drive multiple concurrent projects to success.
- Strong data-driven and analytical skills - This position is expected to utilize data and metrics to communicate needs with the ease of a business unit owner
- Excellent communicator in written and verbal form; at ease working with all levels of employees, including the C-suite
The position is located in our headquarters in the Tech District in beautiful downtown San Antonio. We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package. Equity compensation available for top performers. This is an in person position.
ABOUT DURA SOFTWARE
Dura Software is a new type of software company that acquires and operates B2B software product business with the intent to never sell them. We pride ourselves as being sustainable growth specialists, operational experts and technology-lovers who put employees and customers first.