Share Ventures is a new venture firm that invents + invests in pre-seed and seed companies that unlock human potential and performance at work and at home. As a fund + foundry, we are building multiple ventures, and investing in dozens of others, concurrently. To do this, we have built an infrastructure of tools, teams, and tactics to help all of our companies repeatedly discover, ideate, experiment, build, and scale.
We are looking for a Chief of Staff who will play a critical role in enabling communication, collaboration, and strategy execution across the company, working directly with Hamet Watt, our Investment Team, and our Foundry. You will engage across a number of functions, including coordination of research, knowledge management, and expert networks.
The key responsibilities for this role include:
- Own the successful execution of projects, including the ShareOS and our knowledge management system, by researching, organizing, building, and delegating responsibilities
- Drafting internal and external communications to communicate stories, strategies and ideas through emails, written memos, and decks
- Creating success metrics across the organization and evaluating progress towards goals for companies and individuals
- Managing, tracking, and conducting research on thesis areas and investment opportunities
- Activating expert networks that can help our companies when and where they need advice
- Handling the operations of the Fund+Foundry, including assisting with HR, finance, and legal
- Assisting the Executive Assistant with scheduling and other organizational measures
- Organized, disciplined, systemic, detail-oriented, and relentless in pursuit of execution
- Both generalist ‘hard’ skills (e.g., modeling/analytics and deck/story building) and soft skills (e.g., reading a room, first principles thinking, calm under pressure)
- Impeccable communication, with the ability to distill and convey information in a compelling manner across a wide range of formats (Slack, email, PPT, Keynote, Notion, talking points, company-wide meetings, etc.)
- Comfortable with change and ambiguity with an action orientation/drive; you thrive in a dynamic environment
Who you are:
- 2-5 years of experience; past chiefs of staff have come from banking, consulting, media or start-ups. Some have MBAs (and some don’t). Some have seen what ‘great’ looks like at companies, while others are just getting started on their journey.
- Fascinated by new technologies that affect human performance, whether they are for people at home or at work
- Interested in the way that venture capital and company building work
- Like to dive deep into new areas of research
- A prolific writer (we write a lot)
- Experience with tools that allows you to build systems to improve the operations of the organization
- Takes initiative to execute on their own and is comfortable with the scientific method
- Low ego, you are servicing our Founders
Please email your resume and position of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org