Terelion, part of Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions in Carrollton, TX looking for a
Chief of Staff
Terelion, is a global company servicing the Mining business. We operate in over 120 countries providing premium drill bits, DTH and RPS, knowledge and expertise to achieve customer goals. The key to the company's success is our innovative employees. Terelion offers an exciting and fast paced work environment, attractive benefits, and competitive pay. If you’re looking to invest in your career development, Terelion is the right place for you. Come join our team!
The Chief of Staff position is a unique combination of Trusted Advisor and Assistant to the Executive Staff, Human Resources Manager and Environmental, Health and Safety Manager. This position will be responsible for developing and implementing effective people management processes as well as to plan, direct and implement EHS Procedures, strategic initiatives, and management plans to ensure safe, healthy, and accident-free environments, and which meets regulatory requirements. The position is also responsible to ensure long-term sustainability through recruiting, competence development, talent management and succession planning.
- Provides managers with effective techniques for attracting, retaining, and developing the workforce for current and future needs.
- Develops HR strategies and measurable objectives in line with the business strategy.
- Develops and coaches managers in their people management role.
- Supports managers in working with performance management systems and processes.
- Evaluates compensation practices regularly and maintains knowledge of market compensation and competitiveness.
- Defines, measures, monitors and follows-up on HR-related KPIs
- Proactively supports mangers in change initiatives.
- Directs the identification, creation, and implementation of training programs to meet the needs of the business.
- Identifies internal talents and works with management to formulate individual development plans.
- Directs the identification, development and implementation of clear career paths and opportunities for employees.
- Ensures that Terelion follows Sandvik processes, policies, and statutory requirements.
- Manages resources, expenses, and programs within agreed budgets or limits.
- Ensures that reasonable steps are taken toward the goal of “Zero Harm” to provide all US employees with a safe and healthy working environment which is compliant with Sandvik and regulatory EHS Standards.
- Leads local Management Teams to execute Sandvik’s strategic EHS initiatives effectively for the business and operations in the US, while continuously improving the EHS culture to understand and minimize risk.
- Drives ongoing development of the Business EHS culture, including focus on effective leading indicators.
- Develop, execute, and continually improve EHS Management plans and programs, EHS standards, SOP’s and guidelines to promote EHS goals through functional application.
- Promote understanding of and conformance to policies and procedures in compliance with Sandvik Way EHS Procedures, OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001, and local legislation.
- Coordinate and oversee both internal and external EHS audits to facilitate continual improvement.
- Inspect facilities for existing or potential hazards, determine appropriate corrective measures and ensure effective implementation to prevent accidents and minimize liability.
- Promote EHS as a Business Advantage by auditing work areas and activities at customer sites for compliance to both Terelion and customer EHS standards. Develop harmonized policies and programs that effectively support employees with meeting both requirements.
- Manage compliance with 3rd party Contractor Programs (Browz/ISNetworld), which directly ties EHS performance to business in North America.
- Promote comprehensive, high-quality reporting of incidents, hazards, and near misses, including completion of appropriate action items and evaluation of controls to effectively manage and minimize risk.
- Lead investigation of accidents and injuries and cooperate in the preparation of material and evidence for organization use in hearings, lawsuits, and insurance investigations.
- Management of Workers Compensation claims.
- Design, plan and deliver EHS training programs that ensures employees’ understanding of legal requirements and best practices that impact their work.
- Attends executive management meetings for both input and record keeping of meeting minutes.
- Other duties as assigned.
Hazardous Material Exposure:
- Position may include management of legal compliance and handling of multiple hazardous materials, including paints, solvents, lubricants, aerosols, and various nonhazardous wastes; conducting inspections of hazardous material and waste storage area(s); signing and filing hazardous waste manifests and track hazardous waste generation.
Education / Experience:
- Bachelors in Human Resources, Business, General Studies or equivalent.
- Prior Chief of Staff experience preferred
- 10 years progressive senior executive advisor/HR generalist experience/EHS/Risk Management
- Highly developed interpersonal skills
- Initiative and leadership experience with keen understanding of the sensitive nature of the position and information being handled
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be flexible
- Influence / persuasive ability
- Business acumen
- Problem solving skills
- Results oriented
- Well-developed computer skills. Proficiency in MS Office Suite and Excel
- High attention to detail
- Excellent listening skills
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package, including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How To Apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at http://www.sandvik.com/careers for the Chief of Staff position, Job Req. ID# R0050693
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.