Are you a results-driven problem-solver, eager to positively change the world? Do you believe that climate change is the biggest issue facing us today? Then the Biomason team needs you. Biomason is the leading company employing biology to produce cement. Since 2012, the company has used microorganisms to grow structural biocement® in ambient temperatures, harnessing the power of biotechnology to reinvent traditional cement and offer a more planet-friendly alternative. Biocement will eliminate 25% of the concrete industry’s global carbon emissions by 2030.
Biomason is privately held and headquartered in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina. For additional information, please go to the company’s website at www.biomason.com. We offer a rich benefits package with medical, dental, vision, 401K with employer match, gracious time off, and more!
We are seeking dedicated, passionate, and hard working individuals to become part of our ever-growing team in Research Triangle Park, NC. Join Biomason and help us end the world's dependence on carbon-emitting construction materials. Let's change the way we build.
The Chief of Staff will be responsible for supporting the CEO on a day to day basis. This role ensures all administrative functions are handled in a proactive manner so that the CEO can focus on leading and growing the company. This person will be a part of confidential meetings with Executive and Board levels; interact with all departments as well as clients.
- Responsible for driving and tracking progress against firmwide goals and handling various communications and operational functions both autonomously and in collaboration with others on the CEO's team.
- Attends meetings and calls on the behalf of the CEO, if not available.
- Serves as the communication arm with other executives in the organization, clients or major stakeholders.
- Conserves executive’s time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; and initiating telecommunications.
- Maintains executive’s appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel.
- Prepares reports by collecting and analyzing information.
- Manages and maintains professional contacts for the CEO using G Suite, LinkedIn or other tools
- Write reports on the status of major projects, after-meeting action item reports, and other reports and updates that always keep the CEO informed on the status of assignments, projects, and general operations
- Organize and plan executive and leadership meetings, all-team meetings, board meetings and retreats to include travel logistics, preparation of agendas and presentation materials, and general flow to ensure successful outcomes and action items of every meeting
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Completes projects by assigning work to Administrative staff and following up on results.
- Arranges and coordinates meetings and events
- Monitors, screens, responds and distributes incoming communications
- Liaise with internal staff at all levels
- Interacts with external clients
- Coordinates project-based work
- Supervises, coaches and trains lower level Administrative staff
- Bachelor’s degree is business or similar field
- 7+ years in a business or project management role
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Experience planning and leading strategic initiatives
- Critical thinking skills
- Strong commercial judgment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Previous experience in a chief of staff or project management role is preferred
- Experience with Google Suite
- Experience working with Board levels and Investors
- Experience working in a high-growth venture backed company is preferred
- Ability to lift up to 15 pounds
- Sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing
- Typical laboratory and office environments
Biomason Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.