Title: Chief of Staff
Location: Philadelphia, Pa
Start date: Immediate
Our client is a CDMO whose focus is in the Cell and Gene Therapy field. They have unmatched experience in pioneering the early viral vectors of two FDA-approved AAV gene therapy products.
The Chief of Staff (COS) will support the CEO in all matters related to the management and development of the company. This new position is envisioned to blend three areas of critical importance: strategic leadership, financial excellence, and administrative oversight.
The COS will evaluate ways in which the company can be more efficient from a business operations perspective, will play a key role in establishing strategic objectives, and will run critical strategic initiatives. He/She will be at the table on key decisions, be a member of the executive staff, and attend executive meetings.
- Serving as a partner to the CEO in operating the day-to-day business and creating and driving a strategy to achieve continued dynamic growth.
- Reviewing and evaluating operational results and demonstrating how operational changes will improve performance.
- Determining the proper pacing and sequencing of projects (QMS, transitioning to biweekly paychecks, deployment of corporate software packages).
- Making significant connections and developing relationships across the organization that will be critical to growth.
- Serving as an information bridge between key leadership within the organization. Attend key executive meetings.
- Representing the company with key customer engagements and representing the company at key external events in partnership with the Chief Commercial Officer.
- Partnering with the CEO to manage Board of Directors engagement, including presentations, communication, and statutory requirements in alignment with BoD secretary.
- Act as Chief Financial Officer: He/she will direct all financial and fiscal management aspects of the company’s operations in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and cost reimbursement principles relating to the healthcare/life sciences industry and in keeping with the goals and objectives of the organization. The CFO will provide clear executive leadership and share meaningful information with decision makers. The CFO will initiate and maintain a broad range of investor and investment banking relationships, as well as structure financing vehicles.
- The CFO will have functional oversight of finance, accounting, reporting, audit, treasury, tax, investor relations, IT, and potentially business development and human resources.
- Engage with Information Technology provider to ensure an effective, safe, and secure IT platform. Engage with function heads to ensure we have a unified strategy for growth and compliance.
- Strong educational credentials valued, particularly graduate study in science/medicine or an MBA.
- Experience in multi-disciplinary roles within leading life science companies ideal.
- Experience preparing for board meetings and supporting strategy.
- Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and cost reimbursement principles relating to the healthcare/life sciences industry and in keeping with the goals and objectives of the organization. The CFO will provide clear executive leadership and share meaningful information with decision makers. The CFO will initiate and maintain a broad range of investor and investment banking relationships, as well as structure financing vehicles. Reconciling ledgers, managing partnership with accounting firm.
- Must be able to maneuver around balance sheet and P&L.
- A well-earned reputation as a pragmatic problem-solver who has talent for organizing thoughts on complex issues and synthesizing a resolute strategy to address them.
- An influential leader with strong organizational skills and the ability to develop connectivity and earn credibility throughout a diversified organization.
System One, and its subsidiaries including Joulé, ALTA IT Services, CM Access, and MOUNTAIN, LTD., are leaders in delivering outsourced services and workforce solutions across North America. We help clients get work done more efficiently and economically, without compromising quality. System One not only serves as a valued partner for our clients, but we offer eligible employees health and welfare benefits coverage options including medical, dental, vision, spending accounts, life insurance, voluntary plans, as well as participation in a 401(k) plan.
System One is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, family care or medical leave status, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.