Chief of Staff - Tempe, Atlanta, Boston, Austin, Charlotte, Santa Clara
This role is envisioned as a strategic right-hand person/chief of staff to the CIO to provide support for strategic planning, support and direct change management throughout the division. Works with the CIO in the following ways: - Trusted advisor, Brainstorming partner, Leader and guide to help lead and initiate change throughout the organization, Helping strategic ideas take root and providing early facilitation until a more formal project is established; thinking strategically while providing tactical support to implement ideas, Providing nimbleness to be able to address pressing business issues that need immediate attention, Making connections across the enterprise that others may not see, Providing independent, informed, unbiased insight including on the ground feedback.
As a Chief of Staff, you will manage a small team of direct reports and oversee the following core functions spanning across the division:
Strategy Planning and OKR Management
- Create highly ambitious OKR (Objectives and Key Results) opportunities that strive towards clear and common visions that achieve success across C/PB
- Partners consistently with key OKR stakeholders to set the strategic direction, vision and priorities for OKR implementation (set, align, achieve, and retro+reset)
- Consistently works to ensure complete transparency and communication regarding the prioritization, progress and direction of the program; ensuring that OKR business owners drives creation of program roadmap and execution plans across all phases of planning, discovery, development, launch and ongoing continual improvement
- Help mitigate issues or roadblocks in completion of key initiatives or projects in support of OKRs
- Continuously redefine the OKR program and management of milestones and timelines adjusting as needed to accommodate a fast paced and ever-changing environment
- Support organization wide conversations to explain what OKRs mean in the context of our transformation and operating model.
- Plan and prepare for key meetings as part of internal governance (Offsites, Townhalls, Extended Leadership Meetings)
- Draft communications for new initiatives, org. changes, strategy refresh and set expectations for execution timelines and milestones
- Oversee workforce and resource management for the division which includes overseeing new req creation, eliminating roadblocks and driving clarity on resource management decisions
- Overseeing financial management to manage operating budgets, forecasts, and actuals and closing the gap to stay under 5% variance for the division
General Strategy And Transformation Experience
- Lead the development, implementation and execution of the strategic plan
- Consider both long and short term impacts of work to the long range goals as a whole
- Identify and share indicators of transformational need to drive productivity
- Ad-hoc compliance activities and regulatory findings program management
- Lead the development, implementation and execution of employee engagement efforts such as HUMU (Turn Strategy Into Action) action plans, rewards and recognitions
- Partner with key stakeholders on org-wide communications regarding organizational and operating model changes (as-needed)
- Proactively plan and execute on employee engagement focused initiatives as needed
- 10+ Years in Strategy & Ops, Program management, and Internal/External Consulting experience
- Prior chief of staff experience
- Proven leadership experience working in Financial Services, Commercial Banking or Technology industries
- Highly skilled at developing relationships and effectively influencing stakeholders across commercial, product management and technical teams
- Working knowledge of LFI (Large Financial Institution) regulatory, audit, and compliance practices; ensures that projects under their responsibility are fully compliant with corporate standards
- Skilled at change management, working collaboratively across the organization to identify opportunities for process improvements and innovation
Why Is This a Great Opportunity
Pioneer in the FinTech space. Bank has grown from $40B in assets to $165B in assets in 3 years during COVID.
Huge opportunity for upward mobility.