About The Role
The Chief of Staff at sennder will work closely with the CEO to drive the company's growth, develop relationships with investors, and oversee key projects. The role also involves leading the team supporting the CEO, organizing company initiatives, and establishing communication channels to resolve issues. As a key member of the leadership team, the Chief of Staff will play a critical role in shaping the company's direction, ensuring efficient operations, and maintaining positive relationships with key stakeholders and role modeling our values and company culture to our 1000+ sendees.
This role reports directly to our CEO and co-Founder, David Nothacker. Given the closeness to our CEO, the role is required to be based in Berlin and represents a great way to develop a 360° view of running a company that is literally transforming an industry. This is a truly unique opportunity to do something special in your career, and we cannot wait for you to join the team!
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL…
- Work in partnership with the CEO as a trusted member of his core team to drive the business forward and realize sennder's ambitions.
- Collaborate closely with the CEO and executive team to drive fundraising initiatives and secure new investment opportunities.
- Develop and maintain relationships with investors, stakeholders, and industry partners to ensure ongoing support for the company's growth and development.
- Lead executive team discussions and facilitate communication between team members to ensure effective decision-making and timely execution of company objectives.
- Develop and implement strategies to optimize company operations, identify opportunities for growth, and mitigate risks.
- Oversee key projects and initiatives, providing guidance and support to ensure timely and successful completion.
- Conduct research and analysis on industry trends, competitors, and market conditions to inform company strategy and decision-making.
- Represent the company at industry events, conferences, and other relevant forums to build brand awareness and promote the company's mission and values.
- Maintain a strong understanding of the company's financial performance, including revenue, expenses, and profitability, and work with the executive team to make data-driven decisions to drive growth and profitability.
- Lead the team directly supporting the CEO (Associates and assistants), ensuring high performance, a fantastic working culture and flawless execution.
- Organize and plan departmental and company initiatives, ensuring the CEO always has a high-level overview of the status of critical initiatives.
- Establish channels of communication and alignment across the organization to identify any issues that would prevent us from progressing towards our strategic objectives. You will ensure that these issues are resolved by proactively offering support through processes, tools, and facilitation.
- Collaborate cross functionally to unblock, unlock and drive change, pushing forward projects / initiatives and ensuring the teams are meeting the targets and are on track for key initiatives.
- Interface with leaders across the company to drive prompt and data-driven decisions on key topics.
- Prepare, edit, and review communications/presentations at key internal meetings and events (leadership meetings, all hands, and other team-wide strategy discussions), as well as Board materials. You will develop effective strategic communication materials and establish well-designed communication channels and templates.
- Strategically manage the CEO’s time by evaluating priorities and opportunities to create focus.
PREFERABLY YOU HAVE…
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, or a related field; MBA preferred (or qualified by experience)
- 8+ years of experience in a senior role in a high-growth technology company, with a focus on fundraising and executive team management
- Experience within a management consulting role (or equivalent) that allowed you exposure to diverse projects and businesses
- Proven track record of successfully driving fundraising efforts, securing new investments, and managing stakeholder relationships
- Strong analytical skills and ability to interpret complex data and financial statements
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
- Strong project management skills and ability to lead cross-functional teams to successful outcomes
- Knowledge of the logistics industry is a plus
AND PREFERABLY YOU ARE…
- A networker: easily driving alignment between a multitude of stakeholders and complex projects, smoothing the road ahead.
- Low ego: recognising that the role of a CoS is to have a huge impact through your work and your exceptional ability to collaborate with people. You are flexible in the way you work and interact with people. You enjoy supporting as well as driving processes, and you easily tailor your approach as circumstances require.
- Strategic: you always keep your eye on the bigger picture and think creatively to identify opportunities for growth and development
- Hands on: transforming an industry is a team sport - you're able to get stuck in and help teams achieve great things
- Self driven: You are a proactive self-starter who can identify opportunities and have a good tolerance for ambiguity.
- A true business partner: you have the ability to guide, coach and advise at all organizational levels to drive strategy into effective and efficient execution.
sennder is moving trucks with the power of data to unlock endless and sustainable capacity at unparalleled quality. Through our proprietary transportation operating system, built by our in-house tech teams, we not only connect shippers to our fleet of thousands of trucks, but also improve how they move products in sustainable, cost-efficient, and transparent ways - making the logistics industry fit for the future. In a traditional industry, we’re growing and moving fast to digitally automate all road logistics processes.
We are building a curious team that is driven by an ambitious desire to solve the toughest logistics puzzles. What others may consider uncertainty, we see as an opportunity to learn and be proactive. We invite you to go on this journey with us and be part of one of Europe’s inspiring growth stories as we fast-forward road logistics into digitalization. Get to know us, our culture, green business, funding history, and more on our blog here.
What You Can Expect
At sennder, we want to maximize the individual’s potential for all employees and reinforce an inclusive culture and environment of continuous learning that empowers people to succeed as a team. In addition to humility, we value commitment, team spirit, respect, and kindness to build trusted relationships across teams. Learn more on our career site.
- A fast-growing, start-up-oriented international team of 1000+ people with 65+ nationalities spread across 8 country offices with English as our company language.
- Continuous feedback and bi-annual review process for personal development, professional growth, and career opportunities. We also use “Objectives and Key Results” for company goals.
- A structured promotion process, providing everyone with fair and transparent career growth.
- Learning and development opportunities on the job and through conversations with your manager.
- Various opportunities to connect with colleagues, formally and informally, digitally or in-person (when allowed), through regular team events, company get-togethers, and partnership events with other companies and local organizers.
- Office first work policy (three days a week), that complies with local COVID-19 restrictions and policies. We provide hybrid working options.
- When in office: unlimited snacks, drinks, and fruits.
- All interviews are currently conducted on a remote basis.
Please send your application in English and help us reduce negative unconscious bias by leaving out your picture, age, address, and other unnecessary information in your CV. We only want to know the merits on which you’d be great for this role.
If you have any questions or problems please reach out to us at email@example.com. We do not accept applications via email.