Position: Chief of Staff
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Location: Gardena, CA
HSF empowers students and parents with the knowledge and resources to successfully complete a higher education, while providing scholarships and support services to as many exceptional students, Scholars, and Alumni as possible.
Operations Department Mission
The HSF Operations Department champions and defends HSF’s commitment to being a leading and sustainable world class organization.
Accountabilities of the Position
The Chief of Staff is accountable for supporting the CEO in the execution of their duties and responsibilities and assisting with other Operations department and organization-wide initiatives, as needed.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-performance, detail-oriented, team-based, work environment
• Exceptional and demonstrable management, leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills
• Ability to exercise sound judgement, use discretion, maintain confidentiality, and demonstrate an understanding of ethics related to fundraising activities and nonprofit operations
• Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously and meet strict deadlines
• Knowledge of research methods and data analysis to provide insight and actionable recommendations to enhance organizational processes
• Working knowledge of key principles of nonprofit fundraising (i.e., donor and prospect management)
• Demonstrated track record of identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and engaging decision-makers at public and private organizations
• Awareness of best practices in customer service
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
• Proficiency with Office365 (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Forms, Teams, etc.) Adobe Acrobat PDF, facility with databases (i.e., Salesforce), web-based research, and videoconferencing applications (i.e., Zoom)
• 20+ years of experience in similar or related role
• Proficiency in Spanish or a second language a plus but not required
• Flexible to work weekends and/or extended workdays, as needed
• Flexible to travel up to 30% of the time for meetings, presentations, and events, as needed
• Flexible to complete additional assignments depending on the needs of the organization
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit or stand for extended periods of time and occasionally lift no more than 35 pounds
All responsibilities for this position are not included and may be adjusted over time with or without notice. Benefits provided may also be adjusted over time with or without notice. HSF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, marital status, disability, or veteran status.
To Apply: Email résumé and cover letter to email@example.com