The Chief of Staff & Head of Strategy will be a key partner for the President in developing and executing Equinox’s strategic vision, translating strategy to action, and driving results across the business from our executive leaders to our global portfolio of 107 upscale fitness clubs and our digital media and connected hardware business. As a member of the Equinox executive leadership team, this person supports strategic development, executive-level decision-making, cross-functional project management, hands-on operational support, executive communications, and culture building across all levels of the company. This person also functions as a connector between the leadership team, our corporate teams, and our global organization to ensure prioritization, alignment, and timely execution of Equinox’s most important strategic initiatives.
- Work with the President to design and lead our annual strategic development process with our leadership team, aligning our long-term vision with our immediate organizational priorities, unit-level priorities, and available resources; communicate finalized strategy to our teams and monitor over time to ensure timely execution and/or required course corrections
- Drive communication and alignment of our Executive Leadership Team (ELT) and Senior Leadership Team (SLT) through design of weekly meeting agendas, creation of relevant discussion materials, and follow up on key action items
- Own the execution of cross-functional initiatives that further Equinox’s strategic priorities; this includes building and/or identifying teams to work through the completion of large, high-profile projects, in addition to owning the scope, identifying measures of success, and managing the team(s) through successful completion of the initiative(s).
- Lead and manage a portfolio of special projects, ad-hoc analyses and activities that cut across all of the departments and/or support corporate objective and emerging issues.
- Maintain pulse on daily business operations to identify and mitigate potential roadblocks, proactively escalating when necessary
- Act as liaison and strong collaborator with all stakeholders, serving as a sounding board for all levels of the team to help move projects forward or synthesize feedback for the organization to action on
- Bring together multiple senior-level stakeholders with divergent perspectives to discuss key issues and drive decisions; work behind the scenes to resolve conflicts, influence outcomes, and enable leader success.
- Serve as a strategic thought partner and trusted advisor, ensuring continuity of operations when the President is unavailable.
- Work closely with the Executive Assistant to the President to ensure the President’s time is being utilized most effectively and efficiently; provide guidance on urgency and necessity of meeting requests
- Identify ways to streamline existing processes to maximize team productivity and business impact
- Foster community and connection amongst our teams including Town Halls, Lunch & Learns, Breakfast Roundtables, monthly happy hours, and more; assist in the planning and execution of events
- Partner with President and Internal Communications on executive communications including announcements, speeches, talking points and presentations.
- Support the President with thought partnership and preparation of materials for external stakeholder meetings such as Board of Director meetings
- Deploy excellent analytical skills in the review of complex strategic issues and provide input and recommendations towards innovative solutions. Develops and analyses strategic questions/options and provide evidenced-based recommendations. Develops strategic recommendations based on internal and external analyses and alternatives
- Other duties as assigned, as the scope and focus areas for the executive office continue to expand