Role: CHIEF OF STAFF
Place of work: Based in west London. Remote work is not possible.
Hours: Full-time, 40 hours per week, working 5 days out of 7. The role will involve international travel up to 30 days a year.
Job Type: Fixed-term contract
Salary: Up to £100,000 per annum depending on experience and skillset
Job Overview & Objectives
The role will involve reporting directly to the chairman of a group of organisations and companies that operate in a wide number of business sectors including charitable, public and private sectors. Tasks will vary on a daily and weekly basis but will include;
- Reporting directly to the principal daily.
- Communicating and keeping abreast of large, often cross-functional organization-wide projects or initiatives.
- Bring together and handle multiple stakeholders and help drive decisions based on their feedback.
- Researching, benchmarking, analysing data, and making recommendations.
- Creating systems and processes to streamline operations.
- Standard EA roles, including diary management, call booking, events organisation etc.
- Working with the principal to create & update dashboards for reviewing key performance indicators.
- Communicate and report on strategic business initiatives from development through successful execution under the guidance of senior leadership and departmental heads.
- Assist and communicate with executives in decision-making, program management, and initiative implementation.
- Assisting the principal and senior management in reviewing, designing, and executing improvements to org structure, finding knowledge and skills gaps and helping address them.
- Improve current processes and coordinate organizational procedures for optimized efficiency and productivity.
- Investor and key stakeholder relations.
- Lead on key reporting or press projects, reporting back to the principal.
- Leading on Special projects and events.
- Anticipate and prepare information, documents, briefing papers and reports in advance of meetings and presentations.
- Prepare agendas and draft minutes working closely with management.
- Assistance in the preparation of internal documentation/slide decks, including board packs and reports for the management team.
- Serve as liaison between staff, executives, senior leaders, and CEO, regarding company climate, employee well-being, project updates, proposals, and planning.
- Prepare presentations, and ability to turn presentations into speeches.
- Provide oversight for daily operations through collaboration with senior management and department leaders, performing an array of administrative tasks from managing calendars, generating correspondence, maintaining hard copy and electronic files, planning and coordinating annual corporate meetings, and scheduling facilities.
- Build and develop relationships with all employees for increased efficiency and effective responsiveness into existing operations, and help to define new operational strategies, working with CEO and executives on special projects.
- Serve as a subject matter expert, handling inquiries and developing action plans to address them, and assisting with the preparation and dissemination of communications.
Ideal Candidate Skills & Experience
- Successful track record as an Executive Assistant to CEO/Chairman board level
- Extremely strong written and spoken English
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent communication and presentational skills
- Legal, business, media and event management knowledge preferred
- Over ten years experience in a senior executive assistant or chief of staff roles.
- Able to demonstrate strong independence, motivation and communication skills.
- Educated to degree level.
- Candidates should have strong experience in governmental or large-scale private sector organisations.
How to Apply
Please submit a CV and cover letter, outlining your suitability for the role, to Edward Steven via email to: email@example.com
Only applications selected for an interview will be contacted. The closing date for applications is 6 pm GMT on Monday 20th March 2023.