The Chief of Staff (CoS) is a new and important role that will provide project management and execution support to the President & CEO of TCW and the leadership team.
The successful candidate is a professional with asset management industry experience, proven experience in a similar role supporting C-level executives, excellent organization and relationship skills, and the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and fluid environment. The CoS will support the CEO in her day-to-day activities, coordinate activities for the CEO’s office, work collaboratively with the senior leadership team, and help drive execution of important projects.
- Provide strategic support to the CEO in managing daily operations and upcoming initiatives
- Prepare agendas and materials for meetings, and follow-up on action items to drive accountability
- Assist in preparing presentations, reports, and documents for internal and external stakeholders
- Help oversee and coordinate special projects, ensuring timely and successful completion
- Act as a key liaison between the CEO and other departments, fostering effective communication and collaboration
- Ensure the CEO’s time is prioritized by effectively managing her calendar and inbox, and prioritizing engagements
- Prepare the CEO for internal company meetings
- Work with Corporate Communications, Marketing and Legal to prepare CEO for public speaking engagements including drafting talking points
- Build strong relationships and a deep understanding of the firm’s strategy
- Partner with the communications team to create and implement a strategic communications plan for the CEO’s internal firm communication including planning the cadence of CEO agenda items for the Management team, Executive team, and all team meetings
- Partner with HR and senior leadership team to advance TCW’s culture as the firm evolves; help foster a diverse and inclusive workplace
- Convene senior leaders and team members as needed to create forums for collaboration and information sharing
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, or related field
- 5-7 years of professional experience in leading or managing cross-functional projects
- Prior experience as a Chief of Staff, Department lead, Project/Program manager in a role with regular CEO/executive level interaction
- 3+ years of experience in asset management or related industry, with a track record of working with or supporting senior leaders and/or company executives
- Proven relationship building experience across all levels of management
- Strong proficiency with MS Office; ability to learn new systems quickly
Professional Skills Qualifications
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to navigate complex situations tactfully
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Detail oriented and capable of multitasking in a fast-paced environment
- Experience and flexibility working across time zones
- Ability to work independently and prioritize competing demands
- Analytical mindset with the ability to synthesize complex information
- Strong judgment and handles confidential information with discretion and professionalism
- Professional maturity and humility
- Even keeled in stressful situations
Base Salary: For CA based position, the base salary range is $150k to $175k. This represents base salary range only.
Other Compensation: In addition to the base salary, this position will be eligible to be considered for an annual discretionary bonus.
Benefits: Eligible for TCW’s comprehensive benefits package. See more information here .