Greystone is a private national commercial real estate finance company with an established reputation as a leader in multifamily and healthcare finance, with over $18.3 billion in loan originations in 2021. The firm consistently ranks in the Top 10 for Fannie Mae & Freddie Mac multifamily loan originations and is the #1 FHA commercial lender in the country. Greystone also ranks nationally as a top affordable housing, seniors housing, and small balance loan lender. A highly philanthropic company, Greystone donates more than half of its profits to charity each year.
The Chief of Staff position is a critical and trusted leadership role as the strategic right-hand person to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). You will help drive strategic business planning, support, and drive key initiatives and represent the CEO in meetings and in character. This position requires a background in commercial real estate and will be filled by a highly energetic, driven, entrepreneurial individual with a track record of success in previous roles. This position offers the opportunity to serve and learn next to Greystone’s CEO. The position will be based in our Headquarters in New York City.
- Serve as the lead driver of initiatives throughout the organization, including determining and following next steps
- Represent the CEO in critical management meetings
- Take ownership of ideas of early-stage ideas, achieve clarity on steps forward and own facilitation
- Proactively address pressing business issues that need immediate attention
- Provide independent, informed, unbiased insight including on the ground feedback
- Proactively escalate and resolve potential issues by calling them to the attention of and identifying potential solutions to senior leaders
- Implement the appropriate tools and measurement systems to monitor and track critical strategic initiatives
- Build strong connections across all the organization
To be successful in this role you will have:
- 10+ years working with Commercial Real Estate / Debt
- Broad business experience driving execution and adoption of key strategic programs across large teams
- Ability to work in a flexible manner in line with the organization’s objectives and willingness to undertake other duties as reasonably requested
- Project management skills and experience
- Superior verbal, written and presentation communication skills
- Dedicated professional who leads despite ambiguity and independently runs projects with minimal direction
- Exemplary interpersonal skills and strong executive presence
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with a focus on structure and execution
- Force for change who is open to new insights, accepts challenges, and leads with positive energy
- Trusted professional with the ability to lead strong personalities and drive open items to effective resolution
- Ability to think and act creatively
At Greystone, we believe that finding creative solutions for our clients comes from the collaboration of people with diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to build an inclusive work environment that celebrates differences and empowers all individuals with opportunities to channel their entrepreneurial spirit.