Our company was born with a powerful vision: to improve business efficiency without sacrificing human connection to make quality housing more accessible. With that vision in mind, we built Elise — our revolutionary conversational AI that can answer any and every question in real time, automate business processes, and allow seamless collaboration between teams.
At EliseAI, our skilled team of engineers, sales and operations talent is building the future of conversational AI. EliseAI is well-funded by VCs, strategic real estate investors, and customers and was started by technical co-founders from MIT and the University of Cambridge.
About the role
Reporting to the CEO, the Chief of Staff will focus on company strategy and operations to support growth. This role will “wear many hats” and requires thorough problem-solving across a variety of areas within the company. You will be the CEO’s shadow, serving as a key thought partner in the running of a high-growth startup.
The position will be in person and based at our headquarters in New York City.
Execute Strategic Planning & Organizational Enablement
- Help drive strategic planning cycle and communicate company direction
- Orchestrate weekly C-suite operational meetings, quarterly executive offsites, and weekly all-hands meetings
- Handle CEO communications with various stakeholders
Scale Operational Processes
- Collect and analyze quantitative and qualitative customer data
- Scale customer onboarding, training, and post-sale customer success processes by working closely with team leads to remove roadblocks
- Work with teams to improve our best practices, lean process flow, and patterns of behavior
- Analyze and optimize operational costs
Support Cross-Team Collaboration
- Handle project management of priority initiatives
- Identify necessary points of interaction/knowledge sharing between different departments/teams
- Choose appropriate structure to enable that interaction; choose and coach people to be involved
- Ensure follow-through and regular interaction among relevant groups
There may be special projects that are not covered in this job description.
- 1+ year of work experience
- Strong, proven problem-solving skills
- Recent experience at a growth-stage startup, investment bank, or consulting firm
- Direct and clear communicator, both written and verbal; not afraid to speak up
- Organized and self-starter
- Fast at execution - doesn’t let perfect be the enemy of good
- Entrepreneurial and proactive - looking for creative ways to make the team better and improve processes and looking to take on responsibility
- Ability to work for a small team in a changing environment - flexible, adaptable, willing to get hands dirty, collaborative
- Is willing to work in the NYC office with your team 4+ days per week
In addition to the growth and impact you’ll have at EliseAI, we offer competitive salaries along with the following benefits:
- Equity in the company in the form of stock options
- Medical, Dental and Vision premiums covered at 100%
- Fully paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- 401k benefits
- Monthly fitness stipend
- Our brand new Midtown south office with an open floor plan, fully stocked kitchen, and company paid lunch
- Fun company social events through our Elise and the City program
- Unlimited vacation and paid holidays
We'll cover relocation packages from outside of the Greater NYC metro area - we'll make the move exciting, not painful.