Do well by doing good.
Ready for a challenge?
EnergySage is the leading online marketplace for solar and other clean energy technologies and the most-visited solar energy website in the country: Last year, 10 million people used our tools. Our brand is trusted by consumers, thought leaders, and the media. Check out coverage on us in the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, and the Washington Post.
We are a team of passionate, collaborative, authentic individuals who are dedicated to making renewable energy options more accessible and affordable to consumers. Currently we are 100+ employees and growing rapidly.
We are located in Boston Financial District and are working in an Hybrid work set up: 3 days in office, 2 days remote.
Learn more about our company and our team: www.energysage.com/about-us/company
Chief of Staff
Reporting to the CEO, the Chief of Staff will be instrumental in driving the efficacy of time, information and decision making for the CEO and other senior leadership through prioritization and management of day-to-day operations, processes within our annual cycle, and strategic projects. You will also impact and own strategic initiatives that catalyze overarching organizational and business objectives. This role is perfect for someone who enjoys both supporting key leaders and being hands-on in running a rapidly scaling marketplace company.
What You’ll Do
Direct Support to CEO
- Proactively identify and act on opportunities to increase the CEO’s efficacy and efficiency; help CEO identify priorities and strategically align to these
- Ensure the CEO’s involvement in decision making and initiatives takes place at key and appropriate times
- Assess internal and external inquiries and requests directed at the CEO; determine priorities and proper course of action
- Manage critical relationships on behalf of the CEO
Strategic Planning and Alignment
- Structure annual planning process and quarterly business reviews; including timeline, tracking, reporting and presentation of information
- Maintain a birds-eye view of the business, connecting the dots across the company; improve coordination and communication across functional areas
- Collaborate with members of the senior team to align cross-functional objectives and priorities with the overall goals of the organization
- Support analysis of, and reporting on, the organization’s operations and key decisions
- Support operationalization of new business areas; perform diligence for new corporate development opportunities
- Track high priority initiatives, identify and mitigate obstacles, and communicate status
- Lead special projects and programs impacting overall success of the company
- Create and manage appropriate internal and external communications on behalf of the CEO and senior team (e.g., reports, pitch decks, presentations, emails)
- Prepare agendas and content/presentations for board, senior team, and other key meetings; ensure clear actions and follow up
What We Look For
- 7-10+ years’ experience in wide-ranging, cross-functional business areas; preferred several years in a consulting firm and/or investment banking specializing in business/corporate development
- Quick learner with solid business acumen and sound judgement
- Proven success leading large, complex projects and/or programs across teams or organizations, often working on multiple projects at the same time
- Analytical and strategic thinker—data-driven and analytical in problem solving while also understanding and considering the big picture
- Success in independently planning and leading strategic initiatives with proven ability to prepare in-depth, strategic presentation materials
- Excellent written and oral communicator; able to communicate across multiple levels including executive leadership
- Knowledge of financial planning & analysis; proficiency with financial modeling
- Demonstrated highest level of integrity and management of confidential information
- Bachelor’s degree or higher; MBA a plus but not mandatory
Other Important Characteristics
- Versatile, entrepreneurial self-starter with a team-oriented work style; at ease diving into any area of the business
- Process-oriented; enjoys creating order where it is needed
- Comfortable in supporting others’ success—performed with low ego and the ability to anticipate the needs of busy executives
- Able to build credibility, relationships, and networks quickly across a variety of stakeholders
- Confident managing up and across; effectively influences others to achieve outcomes
We are EnergySage.
As the leading online comparison-shopping marketplace for rooftop solar, energy storage, community solar, and financing, EnergySage is accelerating the adoption of clean energy by improving consumer access and affordability. Our user-friendly platform is built on the principle of consumer empowerment through unbiased information, transparency, and choice. As we grow and enter new markets, we seek team members who bring new perspectives, skills, and energy that will propel us to accomplish the challenging work we have ahead.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job - but we believe there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. So, however you identify and whatever background you bring, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day and help bring renewable energy to the broader market.
EnergySage is committed to building a workplace that welcomes and encourages diverse perspectives. We believe that the most successful teams actively and authentically engage individuals with varied experiences and skillsets.
EnergySage is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Applicants from a broad range of backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
- Consumer First: Our top priority is to serve and empower consumers through transparency, equitable access to information, and personalized interactions.
- Better Together: We recognize that we gain and give more through collaboration, partnership, and diversity of experience and perspective. We respect one another and are inspired by what we learn and achieve together.
- Integrity: We take personal ownership and pride in doing the right thing. Our consistency, competence, and high standards earn the reputation of “trusted advisors” with all of our stakeholders.
- Substantive Impact: We are committed to effecting and sustaining positive environmental, social, and market transformations through creativity, innovation, and persistence.
- Iterative Excellence: Our intellectual curiosity and bias toward action drive us to continuously learn, evaluate, iterate, and improve.