Position Purpose: As the senior deputy to the Director of Service Operations, this person acts in concert with, and with the authority of the Director of Service Operations to drive Service Operations mandates. This means ensuring that the team works seamlessly, helps drive the managing and reporting on critical projects, analyzing contracts and financials, ensuring our hiring pipeline is moving, and overall releasing the Director to attend to strategic and macro architecture concepts as much as possible.
Defines and drives the “operations and administration” of Support Ops: ensuring initiatives are well tracked, data collected and analyzed (both financial and operational), services are priced and allocated properly, projects are combined and reported on effectively, staff is properly managed and supported and businesses are coordinated with effectively.
- Works with Director of Service Operations to foster a success-oriented, team effort, accountable environment within the Service Operations team. Foster an environment of positivity and collaboration within teams, among all accounting, across groups, and across the globe
- Inventory, oversee projects in the Service Operations department, coordinating the team with global counterparts and – as necessary - with the various businesses, operations, risk, legal, compliance, HR and revenue generating information technology (IT) departments infrastructure is dependent upon
- Identify areas of significant time or effort investment for potential to refactor. Suggest new roles within and complementing Services Operations
- Focus on the outcomes desired – including KPI’s and other metrics – of Services Operations and partners with a services architect to refine processes to better efficiency of deliverable
- Drive initiative prioritization within the team, and across the needs of the business
- Summarize technology and service offering changes from Services Ops for discussion at business CIO quarterly meetings
- Conduct first review of FP&A from IT Director of Finance outcomes from the budget planning sessions for presentation to Director of Service Operations
- Drive and maintain reporting of project portfolio for ongoing project firm wide with decision tree for prioritization and resource allocation.
- Experience across service disciplines such as service desk, desktop, application delivery, and ITSM. Can talk the talk enough to both understand challenges to help Director of Service Operations understand where attention needs to be provided, as well as earn credibility with discipline leaders that this role is vested with the team on delivering results.
- Helps drive goal setting, employee evaluation and feedback.
- This list of responsibilities may not be all-inclusive and can be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as needed.
Skills And Knowledge Required
- Strong project management and knowledge of optimized reporting of technical KPI’s, KRI’s and financial metrics
- 10+ years supporting technical units with project oversight capabilities (business analyst, PM, agile delivery, etc.)
- Experience with resource utilization analysis and reporting
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written. Strong visualization skills (powerpoint, visio, Power BI) to help represent utilization. Ready to engage and be engaged.