Thrive is a leading behavior change technology company founded by Arianna Huffington in 2016 with the mission to end the stress and burnout epidemic. Thrive helps individuals and organizations improve well-being, performance and mental resilience with its AI-powered behavior change technology platform. Thrive’s Microsteps – small, science-backed steps to improve health and productivity – have been adopted by employees at more than 125 organizations in over 140 countries, from frontline and call center workers to executives at multinational companies.
The Chief of Staff role is a multifaceted position to support Thrive’s Technology group across engineering, product, design, and data, reporting directly to the CTO. This role will play a critical part in ensuring the smooth operation of the product team, optimizing processes, facilitating talent management across the Technology group, and overseeing general administrative duties. The ideal candidate will have a combination of leadership, operational expertise, and administrative acumen, with a passion for Thrive’s mission.
If you’re not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but this sounds like a role you would Thrive in – we want you to apply! We believe skills are transferable and passion for our mission goes a long way.
Who You Are
- You are a relationship builder who loves liaising with others across the organization that work directly with or cross functionally with leadership.
- Someone who loves analyzing information to help make decisions for leadership more effective and less time consuming
- Comfort with representing leadership in meetings, emails or calls
- A keen communicator who can draft emails, reports and correspondence on the behalf of leadership
- A business partner who can research and recommend new and revised strategies
- A gatekeeper of confidential information and records
How You'll Contribute
- Work directly with the Chief Technology Officer to drive key team and company priorities
- Partner with executive team members in managing key projects and priorities
- Lead one-off key strategic projects as they emerge
- Support the engineering team in capturing, planning, tracking, and documenting projects to ensure individual and team objectives and key results are being met
- Support in preparing for engineering team calls and meetings (research, producing thought-starters for partnership, building agendas, and scheduling)
- Support and help to drive the execution of follow-ups
- Capture key notes and follow-ups in customer / partner meetings
- Work closely with cross-functional colleagues across the business
- Research projects associated with potential strategic initiatives or partnerships and provide background for pitches and partnership meetings
- 2+ years experience in product management, project management pertaining to product / engineering, or operational experience working in an executive office (CEO, CPO, CTO) at a technology company
- Entrepreneurial drive and a willingness to roll up sleeves to directly solve challenging problems
- Experience consistently meeting and exceeding goals
- Based in New York City, and able to work from office
- Someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment, is flexible and has high energy to get work done
- Someone who can understand complex business challenges and turn them into impactful solutions, pipeline and deal flow
- Computer science / engineering background is a plus, but not required
- A team player who represents Thrive Global mission and corporate values internally and externally
- Someone who manages time and prioritizes effectively to meet deadlines and partner / customer expectations
- A passion for and desire to learn and speak about well-being, productivity, neuroscience, psychology, and performance
What We Offer
- Being part of a mission-driven company that’s truly making a difference in the lives of people around the world
- Ability to develop within the company and shape our growth strategy
- A human-centric culture with a range of wellness perks and benefits
- A competitive compensation package
- Medical, dental and vision coverage + 401k program with company match
- Generous paid time-off programs
Compensation for this role depends on level, and will likely fall in the $75,000-$85,000 range. We provide a competitive mix of salary, performance bonus, and equity
Thrive is deeply committed to creating a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment so that all employees can bring their whole selves to work.
Thrive is proud to ensure equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family or parental status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Thrive is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. Please inform Thrive’s Recruiting team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.