About The Role
Uber is looking for a Chief of Staff to work with the Head of US & Canada New Verticals business and support the efficient operations and growth of our grocery, convenience, and alcohol delivery business and team!
As a critical member of the Strategy & Planning team, you will be responsible for business reviews and reporting across New Verticals and the broader Eats Delivery business, communicating with Global and US&C New Verticals Leadership Teams, Executive Leadership, and senior cross functional stakeholders. In addition, you will support strategy development and prioritization, financial and business planning, internal communications, recruiting, and special projects that drive the growth and efficient operations of Uber’s next $10bn+ business!
What You'll Do
- Be a highly visible leader of all governance / ‘rhythm of the business’ activities across the organization (including periodic business reviews, leadership offsites, all hands presentations, and operational reviews) to increase transparency and define strategic direction for all teams.
- Serve as a trusted enabler to the Regional GM; anticipating needs, opportunities, risks and developing action-oriented plans as required.
- Work with regional and global teams to decide what gets prioritized and why. Define OKR’s, KPI’s, governance structures, and create strategy documents that enable the highest impact projects.
- Scope and execute strategic initiatives to respond to the most pressing needs of the NV business, leveraging cross functional resources, and presenting outputs and impact to leadership.
- Create and contribute to internal communications including newsletters and cross functional business updates.
- Collaborate with finance on budgeting and target setting to ensure timely submissions in line with company policies
- Develop relationships with other functional areas (Global New Verticals, Sales Operations, Finance, People, Product, Legal, Rides, Eats, etc.) to ensure efficient and productive working relationships
- Develop presentations, reports, and analysis to shape strategy and execution.
- Support people and recruiting activities with special focus on diversity
- 6+ years of professional work experience.
- Excellent attention to detail and timekeeping.
- Highest level of integrity and management of confidential information.
- Strong project management skills, comfortable working independently at times.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with exceptional emotional intelligence.
- Self-starter with a strong bias for action. You drive end-to-end results and are always thinking ahead.
- Ability to influence and motivate people across a variety of job functions through your relationships.
- Previous experience as a CoS in a tech or operations-forward business.
- Experience working in a fast paced, high-growth, highly sensitive environment.
- Comfortable with ambiguity; the ability to seek answers and structure ideas into actionable plans
- Superior organizational skills; able to juggle many tasks without losing sight of the highest priority items.
- Entrepreneurial mindset constantly looking for ways to tweak and optimize for better results.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Offices continue to be central to collaboration and Uber’s cultural identity. Unless formally approved to work fully remotely, Uber expects employees to spend at least half of their work time in their assigned office. For certain roles, such as those based at green-light hubs, employees are expected to be in-office for 100% of their time. Please speak with your recruiter to better understand in-office expectations for this role.
For New York, NY-based roles: The base salary range for this role is $148,000 per year - $164,000 per year.
You will be eligible to participate in Uber's bonus program, and may be offered an equity award & other types of comp. You will also be eligible for various benefits. More details can be found at the following link https://www.uber.com/careers/benefits.