As the pioneer and market leader in remote online notarization, Notarize is bringing trust online and pulling industries like real estate, automotive and financial services into the digital age. We’ve built strategic partnerships with some of America’s biggest brands (Adobe and Transamerica, to name a few), and have been recognized and ranked on prestigious lists, like #24 on The Financial Times’ List of Fastest Growing Companies, #114 on Inc. Magazine’s 2021 Inc. 5000, and Built In's List for Best Remote-First Places to Work.
As Chief of Staff, you'll partner closely with our CEO and be a thought partner across our senior leadership team in key strategic decisions. You’ll drive cross-functional engagement and action among our senior leadership team. Success in this role requires a person who is process-oriented, self-motivated, organized, and exceptional in communication and influence.
What you'll do as our Chief of Staff:
- Be an extension and right-hand partner of our CEO and co-founder
- Act as a gatekeeper to ensure the CEO’s time is spent on our most impactful issues
- Act as a stand-in for CEO in internal and external meetings as required
- Influence important strategic decisions
- Facilitate weekly senior leadership meetings and foster accountability of results
- Track plans and outcomes to completion
- Steer significant initiatives and build alignment across the leadership team
- Support key communication for CEO - company-wide meetings, external meetings, etc.
- Proactively identify and resolve customer challenges
What we're looking for:
- 7+ years of experience in an executive-facing role
- Past experience in an intensive and high-performing professional environment
- Experience working in a startup environment and shaping company-wide strategy
- High emotional and social intelligence
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional organization and project management skills
- Bias towards action and problem solving
- Work in-person at our Boston office 2-3 days a week, with occasional work travel
Some of our benefits:
- Competitive salaries & equity
- Heavily subsidized medical, dental, and vision
- 401k with 4% match
- Unlimited PTO & flexible work schedules
- Fully-distributed team: work from anywhere in the U.S.
- Paid parental leave
- Annual budget for personal learning & development
- Small, cross-functional teams
- Strong emphasis on collaboration & mentorship
- Paid lunches (through Grubhub) + regular Lunch & Learn sessions
Our core values:
- Solve Problems That Matter: We serve some of the most important moments in people's lives. It's a responsibility we embrace by focusing obsessively on the issues that will have a quantifiable impact on our customers and our company growth.
- Yes Before No: We are optimistic about our ability to change lives by transforming outmoded processes. We believe our efforts can create a better future, and it is our attitude that will allow us to pull that future closer.
- Start With Why: We don't presume to understand the intentions of the people around us, whether coworkers or customers. We ask honest questions and listen to feedback in order to gain insight, build trust, and create memorable experiences.
- Stamp Together: We create a strong team and a welcoming workplace by valuing diverse perspectives. Every role in our organization is supported and valued equally, without regard to location or background.
Notarize is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We'd love to hear from you.