Work at ROCKET PHARMA and help cure rare diseases!
Rocket Pharma is a fully integrated, clinical-stage company advancing gene therapies with curative potential for multiple rare childhood diseases. Rocket places enormous value on people and considers team member progress and well-being to be as important as the progress of its pipeline. We are looking for hands-on team players who enjoy collaborating with colleagues. We share a passion for seeking gene therapy cures for devastating diseases and making a difference for patients. This is an opportunity to become an integral part of a small, highly productive team and to help grow an entrepreneurial, scientifically driven organization that is increasingly recognized as a leading biotechnology innovator. In addition to a competitive compensation package featuring a generous 401K match and stock options, the position includes excellent health benefits.
At Rocket, our strength is the efficiency with which we deliver gene and cell innovative therapies to our patients. We’re seeking an experienced Director of Operations to join our highly skilled team. As an ideal candidate, you have proven senior management experience in a highly dynamic setting. Your organizational, communication, and leadership skills are second to none and you enjoy developing solutions that push innovative boundaries. You will also act as the Chief of Staff to Rocket’s COO and President and work closely with Rocket’s functional leadership team to strategize and develop long-term plans, key performance indicators and business analytics capabilities that will enable in new levels of productivity and success at Rocket.
- Collaborate with executive-level management in the development of performance goals and long-term operational plans
- Maximize efficiency and productivity through extensive process analysis and interdepartmental collaboration
- Set strategic goals for operational efficiency and increased productivity
- Work with project managers in the development of financial and budgetary plans
- Analyze current operational processes and performance, recommending solutions for improvement when necessary
- Create development and business processes/structure to support efficient drug development of the pipeline
- Support Rocket’s pipeline and company growth
- Develop, implement, and monitor day-to-day operational systems and processes that provide visibility into goals, progress, and obstacles for our key initiatives
- Build and maintain relationships with all department heads, external partners, and vendors to make decisions regarding operational activity and strategic goals
- Plan, monitor, and analyze key metrics for the day-to-day performance of the operations to ensure efficient and timely completion of tasks
- Devise strategies to ensure growth of programs enterprise-wide, identifying and implementing process improvements that will maximize output and minimize costs
- Uphold organization policies and standards, ensuring legislative regulations are followed
- Manage and drive cross-functional relationships across research, operations, clinical, regulatory, CMC, and QC/QA functions
- Strategize the allocation of budgets and resources across the Development team
- Advance degree (MBA, PhD, PharmD, MD, JD, etc.) coupled with 2-5 years' experience working in or serving the life sciences industry required
- 10+ years senior leadership role in the appropriate field
- Superior knowledge of multiple operational functions and principles, including finance, customer service, production, and employee management
- Proven ability to plan and manage operational process for maximum efficiency and productivity.
- Experience in six sigma, lean six sigma or equivalent operational excellence methodologies and principles.
- Any Project Management Office (PMO) experience is a plus
- Ability to streamline and implement new structures and roles that create speed, efficiency, and support rapidly shifting business demands
- Strong working knowledge of industry regulations and legislative guidelines
- Experience with budget and business plan development
- Proven ability to develop innovative solutions for increased productivity
- Superior negotiation skills in both internal and external settings
- Masterful organizational, communication, and leadership skills, demonstrated by previous professional success
- Strong working knowledge of data analysis and performance metrics using business management software (e.g., SAP, ERP, CRM)
- Willingness to work hard and take direction, ownership and accountability
- Meticulous attention to detail, accuracy and follow through
- Willing to get involved in ad hoc projects with a can-do attitude
- Ability to both influence key stakeholders as well as drive for decisions and outcomes when necessary
- Able to thrive in a highly dynamic, fast paced, continuously changing global environment with minimal oversight/direction.
A diverse workforce fosters innovation and strengthens Rocket’s business. We ensure equal opportunity without discrimination or harassment in the workplace on the basis of gender, race, color, religion, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, citizenship, status as a protected veteran, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, and federal laws.