Premier Medical Group, the "specialty" medical practice of the Hudson Valley, is seeking a Chief Operating Officer to join our growing practice. At Premier, you will be part of an outstanding team of healthcare professionals who are truly passionate about delivering high-quality, patient-centered care within our community.
We are looking for a COO who is highly motivated, mission-driven, and collaborative. This role is perfect for someone who is passionate about building systems, processes, and teams that will enable us to deliver exceptional care.
Premier offers a collaborative work environment and a full range of benefits including a competitive compensation package, multiple health insurance options, paid time off, paid holidays, a 401K/profit-sharing plan, and many perks and discounts. View our website for more details www.premiermedicalhv.com.
The Chief Operating Officer will provide the operational and strategic leadership necessary to ensure that the organization has the proper operational controls, administrative procedures, and infrastructure in place to ensure operating efficiency, financial strength and quality care. This position will report to the Chief Executive Officer and will have oversight of 13 service lines, many administrative directors, as well as the IT, HR and Marketing departments.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Provides operational oversight and participates in the development and implementation of the mission, vision and values of the Medical Group, including the deliverance of high quality, patient focused health care.
- Partners with the Practice Directors and senior leaders to ensure effective and efficient operations and workflows.
- Participates in the establishment, implementation and application of organizational policies and procedures.
- Resolves operational problems including those related to staffing, workflows, facilities, equipment, etc.
- Develops and fosters effective collaboration between clinical departments, divisions, and management to ensure an integrated approach to providing services, while effectively carrying out the organization’s strategic plan.
- Collaborates with leadership to develop and operationalize new business strategies
- Effectively serves as a resource to the CEO to help reduce costs, enhance revenues, and support the CEO’s vision for internal and external expansion.
- Communicates key information to the stakeholders of these service areas with respect to managed care, marketplace needs, the competitive environment, cost management, and patient services.
- Collaborates with referral networks to ensure effective partnerships are formed which will facilitate the development and expansion of services.
- Maintains a culture of trust between administration and providers
- Empowers employees at all levels to be innovative and action-oriented while advancing a culture of accountability with clearly established lines of authority and decision-making
- Evaluates and improves current practice operations, policies, and processes while identifying opportunities to standardize clinical operations and integration across the medical group.
Education & Experience.
- Bachelor's degree required; Master’s degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Management, or related field is highly preferred
- 10 years’ experience in progressive leadership roles in a multi-specialty group practice
Qualifications & Requirements
- Demonstrated leadership in the overall improvement of financial and operational performance of a healthcare organization
- Experience in fiscal management and reconciling complex budgets in a healthcare environment.
- Financial management and business development, as well as P&L experience managing a multi-site medical group
- Successful track record of redesigning practice management systems and aligning service lines to diminish silos and help improve the performance across clinical specialties
- Experience with IT systems; electronic health records (EHR)
- Ability to assist the health system in making key IT-related decisions impacting physician practices
- A successful track record of acting as a change agent within an organization
- Strong business acumen, quality, and metrics orientation
- Financially astute and highly experienced in using, developing and implementing benchmarks and other tools that improve operating, financial and service performance
- Exceptional physician relations skills and experience working collaboratively
- Knowledge of national physician practice trends, policies, and issues effecting physician practices
- Proficiency in MS Office products, Power Point and Excel.
- Experience presenting strategies and recommendations to board of directors and leadership.
- Exceptional writing and interpersonal communication skills.
Premier Medical Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer