Romio is the first ever social impact marketplace for services to help users book "trusted" local services (Housekeeper, Runner, Dog Walker...) recommended by friends or reputable local experts.
Romio’s mission is to create economic and social prosperity for services and users by becoming key partners and stakeholders in the platform and enabling a peer to peer exchange of value..
Users earn Romio Coin by referring their networks to book amazing services. Services can earn Romio Coin under the platform’s “work to earn” program by offering deep discounts and free services to experts in exchange for referrals to their networks on instagram and other social platforms.
The company has a performance oriented culture and a group of diverse and talented individuals and advisors who are passionate about the company's social mission (several were previously with consumer category leaders including Google and Uber). Romio raised over $23m from family offices and strategic investors.
We’re looking for a growth driven COO who will drive operations but with a background in either product, marketing or growth to make a business impact while managing the team from early stage through growth stages. We’re looking for someone who has a proven track record operating consumer tech start ups.
Someone who’s capable managing and driving the best out of a very strong team of individuals assembled to execute the Romio mission, with a proven track record but that works mostly virtually. The ideal candidate would be able to organize the team around a specific plan, to refine execution based on organized learning to lead to traction.
As COO, you will drive results by unleashing creativity and accountability in a performance oriented culture among a group of diverse and talented individuals. You will help craft efficient and effective systems for the entire organization while taking direct responsibility for operations and branding and advertising of the product.
You will also successfully “run day-to-day operations” in order to allow CEO to focus on fundraising, thought leadership, and evangelizing the vision.
The ideal candidate will have strong personal accountability for results, strong commitment to teamwork in support of the company’s success, adherence to ethical business practices, and comfort operating in a start-up environment with an ability to prioritize and drive actions to closure.
· Reporting to the CEO, the COO will lead all internal operations and will have the following responsibilities:
· Oversee all administrative functions, ensuring smooth daily operations.
· Oversee contract negotiation and legal activities: client contracts, partnership agreements, vendor contracts, and other legal documents.
· Manage the daily performance of the operations team. Use good meeting and project planning practices to drive focus and results.
· Develop and implement a strategic plan for a rapid scaling of operational capacity through automation, process improvements or other productivity measures while maintaining high quality standards, rapid response times, high reliability and cost effective operations.
· Interface with Product Engineering to ensure appropriate systems are in place to achieve goals. Develop and execute an integrated go-to-market plan for the product, including feature roll-out, product positioning, and routes to market.
· Assess market priorities and prioritize R&D investments.
· Deliver agreed performance within budget. Performance includes P&L, market share, and customer satisfaction targets.
· Work with Finance to develop a pricing model that ensures P&L targets are achieved.
· Partner with Business Development leader to establish agreed mix of pricing, marketing programs, direct sales, and channel partners.
· Manage and direct company operations to meet budget and other financial goals.
· Develop, establish, and direct the execution of operating policies to support overall company objectives.
· Working in partnership with the management team and board of directors, create the strategic five year plan and implement new processes and approaches to achieve it.
· Lead the performance management process that measures and evaluates progress against goals.
· Perform other job-related duties as required.
Skills and Expertise:
· Bachelor’s degree. An MBA or Master's a plus.
· 10+ years’ experience with progressive general management responsibilities in the technology (physical) product industry in a high-paced, rapid growth environment
· Expertise overseeing support organizations
· Proven P&L management track record
· Experience and success in preparing for, negotiating and closing equity capital raises
· Business line management experience in launching new technology products, and scaling for growth and profitability
· Expertise in defining and scaling operational processes, both internally and with external partners
· Managing multiple projects in a manner that focuses the team and drives results
· Excellent people skills, with an ability to partner with a dynamic leadership team
· Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to the mission of Romio
Competitive base, benefits and strong options package
The ideal candidate will be responsible for ensuring operational excellence across the organization. Your primary goal will be to increase our organization's productivity, efficiency, and profitability. You will advise the CEO on key operational insights as well as provide coaching to employees.