Ontellus is the leading records retrieval service partner, providing Best-In-Class technology with unparalleled data security for insurance claims & litigation. As a critical enabler of the Ontellus operating model, the Director of Operations will oversee the day-to-day production operations of the facility. They will have the proven ability to plan and manage operational processes for maximum productivity using Lean and other world-class operations techniques. This position will work with the VP of Operations to set strategic operational goals for production and be responsible for executing on those goals in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with executive-level management in the development of performance goals and long-term operational plans.
- Maximize efficiency and productivity through extensive process analysis and interdepartmental collaboration.
- Develop, lead and implement the Lean Continuous Improvement Strategy for the Houston site.
- Work with Vice President in the development of financial and budgetary plans.
- Analyze current operational processes and performance and recommending solutions for improvement.
- Allocate resources to efficiently optimize facility utilization.
- Develop, implement, and monitor day-to-day operational systems and processes that provide visibility into goals, progress, and obstacles for our key initiatives.
- Plan, monitor and analyze key metrics for the day-to-day performance of the operations to ensure efficient and timely completion of tasks.
- Devise strategies to ensure growth of programs enterprise-wide, identifying and implementing process improvements that will maximize output and minimize costs.
- Provides input to the development of operational strategy and research and development of new and emerging products and services.
- Establishes production and quality control standards, develops budget and cost controls, and obtains data regarding types, quantities, specifications, and delivery dates of products ordered.
- Provides leadership to the development of a back-office processes, including personnel requirements, material needs, subcontract requirements, facility needs, and other resources.
- Ensures all established costs, quality, and delivery commitments are met.
- Trains and ensures all assigned employees are aware of and comply with company, government, and customer policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS Management, Business, Engineering, or related field.
- Minimum of 10 years of operations roles with at least five years in operations leadership roles of suitable scale.
- Experience with Back-office processes, ideally in data entry, exceptions, calling, record production, etc.
- Must have experience building Lean / continuous improvement operating platforms and cultures.
- Must be able to coach and train others in Lean.
- Demonstrated capability to manage a high quality, efficient, and cost-effective operation.
- Must have strong computer skills, an individual should have knowledge of accounting software, payroll systems, and spreadsheet software.
- Good people skills with the ability to lead and direct associates.
- Ability to prioritize and meet critical deadlines.
Compensation & Benefits
Ontellus offers a collaborative work environment so you can learn and grow both professionally and personally.
We offer a competitive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability and a 401k Plan with a generous employer match. In addition, we offer a casual dress environment and plenty of opportunities for training and career advancement.
Ontellus is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Ontellus requires pre-employment background checks and drug screening.