Founded in 2014 to deliver convenient, trusted, and eco-friendly car care, Spiffy is a rapidly growing technology and services company. Spiffy offers mobile and fixed-site car washing, detailing, high-volume oil change, tire rotation, and other maintenance services to fleets, residences, and office parks from coast to coast. The company does all technology development, marketing, and sales in-house.
The General Manager is responsible for overseeing a region of markets with direct oversight of the company’s services, account management activities, and profit and loss of assigned market. This position is responsible for the improvement and expansion of operations in the region’s markets. The successful candidate will be a key contributor to the organization at both an operational and strategic level. The successful candidate must have exceptional operations, management, customer relationship, prospecting, and time management skills with both a strategic and tactical mindset in developing and managing a regional portfolio.
The General Manager is responsible for the profit and loss of their respective markets, safety, customer ratings, and revenue growth and profitability by driving new business through the identification, development, negotiation, and closure of new services agreements with prospects and clients, and participate in the subsequent maintenance of client relationships.
CUSTOMER RELATIONS/BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyze trends, market changes, and historical performance to identify growth opportunities and develop sales and marketing strategies to drive results;
- Develop an understanding of the local markets, customers’ services preferences, seasonal market fluctuations, and market-specific challenges;
- Develop and maintain strong relationships and partnerships with customers, exceed their expectations, resolve their issues, build trust and earn their business every day;
- Maintain and enhance our market presence, ensuring our team, our equipment, and our processes demonstrate professionalism and high standards;
- Provide an exceptional level of customer service by staying closely in touch with clients to understand their needs and issues and ensuring the market teams meet their clients’ expectations.
- Effectively manage relationships with partners and vendors;
- Keep current with emerging business trends, identify best practices, and make recommendations on implementing improvements.
- Responsible for the operational performance of every market in the region, leading and managing the market Supervisors to achieve and maintain the company’s high standards in production, quality, and safety;
- Provide a clear vision/direction/strategy to your teams, and assist them in overcoming business problems to achieve the region’s goals;
- Regularly travel to every market in the region to maintain an in-depth understanding of each market’s day-to-day operations and maintain a strong working relationship with each team;
- Identify recruiting needs, build and maintain a high-performing team, selecting effective team members, communicating clear expectations to the team, and providing meaningful, timely performance feedback and recognition;
- Provide ongoing coaching and mentoring, and expand levels of responsibility to develop talent and enable team members to move up within the organization and deliver greater value;
- Promote continuous improvement, ensuring new ideas and solutions are encouraged, evaluated, quantified and implemented;
- Establish and maintain an environment of high employee engagement, professionalism, excellence, and achievement;
- Promote respect in the workplace, being approachable and communicating regularly with all team members, following up on all issues in a timely manner, and holding subordinates accountable;
- Develop sales forecasts and ensure the region’s operations always have the staff and equipment needed to meet workload demands and seasonal fluctuations;
- Provide timely, accurate reports on the operating condition of the assigned markets;
- Monitor adherence to rules, regulations, and procedures enforcing Spiffy standards
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Must possess the ability to build and maintain a strong company culture and vision;
- The General Manager is crucial to customer retention and relationship building;
- To provide the best mix of profitability and productivity, the General Manager will need to meet and help develop a variety of performance metrics;
- The General Manager shall practice strong leadership characteristics including personal integrity and accountability, fiduciary responsibility, trustworthiness in relationships, commitment to quality and excellence in programs and operations, commitment to workforce diversity and human resource development, and effective oral and written communication skills;
- Must possess a keen eye for process improvement, utilizing both analytical resources as well as practical observation.
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION/YEARS OF EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field AND Seven (7) or more years of customer service and business development experience and operational management experience.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Highly developed work ethic, sense of urgency, sense of accountability, business judgment, and commitment to follow-through;
- Demonstrated experience developing, motivating, and supporting teams;
- Efficient at using a computer, smartphone, and MS Office products;
- Able to drive vehicles and have a valid driver’s license;
- Must possess excellent communication and organizational skills and the ability to work independently;
- High emotional intelligence with the ability to connect, motivate, and inspire;
- Must have effective negotiating, decision-making, and analytical skills
- Must read, write, and speak English fluently.
- Travel is required.
This job will involve occasional exposure to some disagreeable elements such as hot and cold temperatures, loud noises, dust/dirt and exhaust fumes.
This is not an all-inclusive list but is intended to give an overview of the requirements of the position. Reasonable accommodation will be provided under appropriate circumstances and in accordance with applicable law.
- Must be able to stand on hard surfaces for extended periods;
- Must be able to work in an outdoor environment with regular exposure to hot and cold temperatures, loud noises, and exhaust fumes;
- Must be able to lift and move inventory items and other work-related items (up to 50 pounds);
- Must be able to work at a rapid pace for long periods;
- Must be able to push, pull, bend at the knees and waist, lift, twist body at the waist, raise and hold arms overhead, turn head-neck-shoulders as needed, climb steps, grasp and hold tools and other items with hands, all of this for either extended periods of time or many times throughout the day.
To apply for this job, click here: https://secure.entertimeonline.com/ta/GetSpiffyPEO.careers?TrackId=LinkedIn&ApplyToJob=503482432