Xpedient is a full-service 3rd party logistics provider. We have experience helping a diverse client base in warehousing services, transportation management, supply chain management, order fulfillment and labor needs. We are dedicated to optimizing warehouse operations and providing the best in business analytics with state-of-the-art tools. Our team will help from the high-level strategies all the way through successful hands-on implementation.
The primary objective of the General Manager is to meet and exceed set targets through managing their customer, driving operational performance, developing a world class team with world class quality. This position is a premier role within the organization, as the General Manager is responsible for the daily operations and business a new distribution center.
The General Manager is responsible for achieving employee, and customer satisfaction through effective people leadership and coaching, organization of tasks, and the ability to handle an ever-changing environment. Additional responsibilities may be added as the needs of the business change and expand.
- Communicate effectively.
- Motivate team members positively and effectively.
- Create an environment conducive to success by promoting and recognizing initiatives.
- Manage to a full budget daily.
- Partner with dedicated customer on a long term basis.
- Drive performance financially and culturally.
- Ensure high employee satisfaction and attendance.
- Promote teamwork and cooperation among team members.
- Lead by example.
- Take full responsibility and the required action on disciplinary procedures.
- Ensure that all members of the team meet targets consistently.
- Ensure a safe and harmonious working environment for all team members.
- Manage customer through proactive communication and data driven results
- Understand and meet production targets
- Review and evaluate performance reports
- Meet production targets for the team
- Follow up on production targets for the team
- Take full responsibility for team results
- Set priorities
- Take charge of scheduling work and tasks
- Have a clear understanding of quality expectations
- Set up quality goals for the team
- Drive quality in everything we do
- Be actively involved in problem solving and propose improvements
- Responsible for ensuring that both internal and external KPIs are achieved daily
- Conduct yourself in a manner consistent with our principles.
- Drive a high performance culture
- Make Xpedient an enjoyable place to work
- Show leadership by developing people
- Have worked in a warehouse environment at a Manager level
- Utilized a WMS extensively
- P&L Management Experience
- Have worked with figures and understand basic mathematics needed for reporting, analysis, and differentiation purposes.
- Manage your time effectively and be focused on setting clear objectives and priorities
- Have managed a large team of people across multiple shifts
- Have knowledge of workforce management and industry best practices
- Be self motivated and commercially minded.
- Have effective analytical skills to analyze results and make decisions based on facts and figures.
- Inspire other people to reach their full potential.
- Take ownership for quality, competence, and commitment.
- Enjoy/thrive on autonomy and be results focused.
- Be highly motivated and prepared to work hard.
- Have high personal energy and enjoy a lively environment.
- Be highly flexible and welcome change/improvements
- Ability to handle multiple shift responsibility
Must be able to successfully pass a background check and drug screen. Xpedient Logistics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Xpedient offers competitive wages, insurance benefits (medical, dental, vision and life), paid time off and holidays.