Senior Executive Assistant to CEO
Partnering with the CEO
Stronghold is a financial services technology company on a mission to provide fast, secure, and accessible financial services for all.
Summary of Role
The Senior Executive Assistant is responsible for performing a full range of executive level administrative duties in a highly responsible and confidential nature for the Chief Executive Officer. The successful candidate will demonstrate excellent use of judgment, initiative, discretion, time management and independent action. Must have excellent knowledge of business protocols, adaptability in this new hybrid workplace, and the ability to handle changing priorities and adjust/respond accordingly.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
Provide day-to-day administrative support to the CEO, including meeting coordination, administrative tasks, contact management, correspondence and travel coordination.
- Maintain calendar of the CEO. Coordinate scheduling of CEO’s meetings via Google Calendar. This means schedule, arrange, and facilitate meetings (sometimes across different time zones).
- Ensure complete preparation for all meetings including researching and writing, agendas, coordinating materials and communicating with attendees.
- Track meetings in Hubspot, our CRM, and ensure follow up from all meetings and events.
- NOTE: Calendar is very hectic and includes both external and internal meetings with investors, partners, internal talent, customers and vendors.
- Correspondence on behalf of CEO, including drafting, editing, and proofreading emails, internal memos, and reports.
- Phone coverage when manager is unavailable, tracking messages, and follow up.
- Maintenance of all relevant files, 99% of files are digital.
- Responsible for tracking expenses, creation of expense reports, and coordination with our expense software, Expensify.
- Digital contact management in Hubspot, our CRM, and Google Workspace Contacts.
- Responsible for all domestic and international travel arrangements, including flights, ground transportation, hotels, visa coordination, etc. that adhere to our company travel policy.
- Understand CEO’s personal travel preferences and learn her travel playbook.
- Keep track of relevant local potential meetings when “in town”.
- Work with travel coordination software (e.g. TripIt).
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Unquestionable ethical standards
- Work in a team environment and maintain relationships across the organization in order to exchange meeting-related information and prioritize assignments relating to the CEO’s activities.
- Maintain extensive knowledge of key issues, commitments and priorities of the CEO.
- Ability to take dictation quickly and have accurate typing at 70 wpm.
- 5+ years of experience as an Administrative Assistant supporting a senior manager and/or as an Executive Assistant, in a fast-paced environment.
- Discretion and experience handling sensitive/confidential information is a must.
- Ability to effectively manage and coordinate simultaneous projects, and successfully prioritize multiple tasks with sound judgment.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written, and the demonstrated ability to effectively interface with our team members and our customers, partners, and vendors.
- Resourceful, motivated, efficient, proactive and customer service oriented.
- Ability to protect confidential and proprietary information of the company and previous experience handling sensitive/confidential information is a must.
- Ability to perform and adapt under pressure.
- Experience using Apple products (iPhone, iPad, Mac laptops, etc.) and excellent overall computer skills.
- Proficiency in Google Workspace (specifically Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Google Slides).
- Proficiency in Hubspot, 1password, Notion.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required.