International SOS delivers customized medical and security risk management and wellbeing solutions to enable our clients to operate safely and effectively in environments far from home.
Founded in 1984, we operate in 92 countries providing integrated medical solutions to organizations with international operations. Our innovative technology and medical and security expertise focus on prevention, offering real-time, actionable insights and on-the-ground quality delivery. We provide clinical services to include “hands on” direct care at over 800 sites around the world, many of which include inpatient clinical care capabilities.
With 12,000 staff (including 5,200 medical and behavioural health providers) our services include the design, deployment, and operation of healthcare solutions including freestanding surgical facilities in remote and austere environments, telemedicine consultation through a wide range of virtual modalities, referrals to a global network of more than 100,000 vetted providers, and global aeromedical evacuation. Within our portfolio of companies, International SOS Government Medical Services (GMS), headquartered in Houston, Texas provides contracted healthcare support to Government defence and civil agencies and government contractors, including support to military exercises and operations, diplomatic missions, natural disasters, and refugee care.
About The Role
The Operations Manager provides operational and leadership direction for responsible department(s) in conjunction with the SVP Operations, Director of Clinical Operations and the Medical Director. Develops and executes departmental strategies and guides departmental and organizational transformations needed to reach financial, service, leadership, regulatory and community objectives. This position will lead all key functions within the Operational structure while working with cross-functional peers to create a culture of continuous improvement, agile implementation, and drive enterprise best practices. M ust cultivate and leverage broad business acumen and courage to influence and challenge up, down and across to ensure key enterprise initiatives are achieved. The area of responsibility for this role is very wide and thus requires thorough knowledge of various company processes.
- Works with SVP, Ops to ensure that the organization establishes and optimizes processes, policies and activities that are tailored to the organization’s strategy to achieve its objectives.
- Ensures the organization utilizes project management and project delivery processes that are in accordance with organization’s established policies and objectives.
- Collaborate with diverse teams to align operational strategies with our business objectives and foster innovation.
- Establish and monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) and proactively implement corrective measures to achieve operational targets and deliver exceptional results.
- Strong leadership abilities with a track record of managing and motivating cross-functional teams to achieve ambitious goals.
- Exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills, leveraging data-driven insights to guide decision-making.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with stakeholders at all levels.
- Agility and adaptability to thrive in a fast-paced, innovative environment, embracing change and delivering results under pressure.
- Oversee the day-to-day workflow of all facets of our Operations team, ensuring seamless coordination and efficient execution.
- Troubleshoot operational challenges and implement solutions to ensure the smooth flow of goods and services.
- Analyze existing workflow processes and oversee the creation and execution of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
- Strong project management skills and ability to meet deadlines.
Required Skills And Knowledge
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resources allocation, leadership technique, and coordination of people and resources.
- Knowledge of project management and delivery processes for delivering projects profitably and creating and meeting quality standards for professional services
- A dynamic, engaging leader with an intuitive, entrepreneurial spirit and a proven track record for fostering collaboration, building consensus, and directing strategic efforts to achieve developmental objectives, drive business growth, and deliver tangible results that align with core organizational and client-focused goals.
- Strong business acumen with a comprehensive understanding of fundamental business principles.
- Excellent fact-gathering, problem-solving and analytical skills to identify and address challenges.
- Must be able to work with a high volume of activities/projects with short deadlines.
- Strategy and change management experience highly desired.
- Ability to organize and prioritize in a quickly changing environment within resource constraints.
Required Skills And Knowledge
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills. Proven ability to effectively influence and collaborate at all organizational levels and with both internal and external partners.
- Southwest Border experience preferred.
- International deployment experience preferred.
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field required; MBA is a plus.
- PMP Preferred.
Required Languages (Brief description of the language skills needed to perform the job)