Virtru is a leading data protection provider backed by some of the foremost venture capital firms in Silicon Valley and the Mid-Atlantic region, including Iconiq Capital, Bessemer Venture Partners, Foundry Capital, and Tiger Global. Today, more than ever, data demands respect, and that's why Virtru is committed to changing the rules for data privacy. At Virtru, we equip our customers to take granular control of their data—everywhere it's shared—through end-to-end encryption for Google, Microsoft, and other data sharing platforms. Our market-leading portfolio of data encryption and privacy enhancing applications are remarkably easy to use, fast to implement, affordable for all, and built on the Trusted Data Format (TDF) open standard.
At Virtru, our motto is "Respect the people. Respect the data." Respecting data to us means keeping it secure and protected at all times across its entire lifecycle. We firmly believe that when you respect data, you're demonstrating respect for the people who own that data.
Working at Virtru, you'll be inspired by colleagues who are passionate about the work they do. We are dedicated to creating an atmosphere that sparks creativity, connection, and professional growth while empowering each other to do our best work. We're building something special at Virtru. We hope you consider joining our team and helping us create a brighter future for data privacy.
Virtru is looking for a business operations executive to join our leadership team in Washington, D.C. You will be responsible for leading and managing Virtru's Business Operations team, and for the operational success of our Go-To-Market function. You will partner with Sales, Marketing, and Customer Success leadership and will be their trusted partner in defining Go-To-Market objectives, strategy, and tactics, and in implementing processes that scale while providing best-in-class data analytics infrastructure and analysis. Your primary goals will be to build upon Virtru's existing Tableau-powered Data and Analytics work, evolve the way we work and serve our customers through technology stack optimization, own process improvement, drive change initiatives, and contribute to Virtru's overall corporate strategy.
- Oversee Virtru's Salesforce administration team and drive Virtru's overall Salesforce strategy and implementation of new features/functions/processes
- Manage Virtru's overall Go-To-Market technology stack (including Outreach, Conga, Celigo, LeanData, etc.)
- Work cross functionally with Go-To-Market leaders to receive consistent feedback on Virtru's technology stack and make on-going changes/improvements in coordination with sales, marketing, and customer success leadershop
- Be responsible for all customer usage and go-to-market metrics reporting via Tableau dashboards
- Set Virtru's overall data and analytics strategy and work with other Virtru executives to leverage Virtru's wealth of customer data (think 1M+ emails per day) to provide strategic insights and revenue opportunities
- Forecasting: Develop analytical forecasts for sales, renewals, and customer health and based on transactional, usage, and behavioral patterns.
- Operational data management: Take ownership of all Go-To-Market data and platforms. Create checks for data quality within transactional and operational systems (SFDC, NetSuite, Hubspot). Own end to end data management post sale.
- Develop Operations team staff to become more fluent in Virtru's data and upskill the team to produce timely and accurate reporting
- Manage a team of up to eight direct reports
- Work with Virtru leadership to ensure the necessary skill sets exists within the Virtru Operations and Analytics teams
- Develop functional experts within the Virtru Operations and analytics teams by leveraging internal and external resources (i.e. certifications) to build a best-in-class operations organization
- Build collaborative and productive relationships with Go-To-Market leaders to help drive Virtru strategy
- Build collaborative and productive relationships with Virtru's Product leaders to deeply understand Virtru's product analytics and produce accurate and timely insights on Virtru's customer usage
- Assist in building out Virtru's nascent Federal Operations, including Federal contract management
- Provide project/change management for new technology implementation and establishment of new Go-To-Market motions (i.e. price increases)
Who You Are
- A skilled operator and technology savvy manager ready to make the leap into an executive level position
- Looking for more than the next job and ready to contribute to enterprise value creation
- You are skilled in building strong relationships based on trust with customer-facing leaders
- You are energized by designing processes for scale and then seeing the impact through your management of implementation and adoption across the business
- You have an innate ability to break down ambiguous problems into concrete, manageable components and think through optimal, scalable solutions
- You are someone who can "get their hands dirty" and handle the details, but also uplevel to think strategically with partners
- You are a true team player, gaining joy from collaborative environments with healthy debate, ideation and ownership
- You are technologically savvy but able to establish work-arounds and compromises when business needs clash with technological limitations
Skills & Experience:
- 10+ years of a combination of Operations (Revenue, Business, Sales) and Analytics (Tableau, Looker, SQL) experience at a fast growing B2B SaaS company (direct management experience required)
- Strong analytics, operational, and project management foundation
- Ability to build strong trusting relationships with Sales and CS leadership
- Advanced skills with Salesforce, Tableau (or similar), Google Sheets, Excel, and other technology platforms
- Passion for cybersecurity is a bonus!
Virtru is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. Virtru is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.